Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salam Alaikum


Introduction

I am running a test service of counseling towards the Muslim community via Skype and Phone. Will provide (anonymous) counseling services via Skype & Phone (services include: chat, video conferencing, voice conferencing, Email, direct phone conferencing).

Counseling is something the Muslim community definitely needs, in the short-term and long-run. The initiative is one of the highest callings that one can accept in life, which is to be a servant of Allah in the service of Allah's creation. It can fit in the health care field and will continue to be a growing need in our community. It may not necessary require a degree or certification but obtaining these would definitely help, and initially I plan to base my credibility on testimonials, personal counseling experiences, and the Quran & sunnah, while simultaneously earning professional hands-on experience by counseling/consulting others with various issues. Largely, things I would specialize in would be pre-marital counseling, and development of family growth as well as practical and social development, positive disciplinary behavior towards forming a better life in society for oneself and for others.


Also, as a Muslim community, we usually keep our issues to ourselves, and counseling would be done anonymously, so people would be able to speak up, and get helped through the process. Some examples of why we need counseling can be found in cases like the “Aisha Khan” case, divorce cases in regards to a clash between culture and religion, or a family and individual’s own confusion. Plus, I’ve seen the ICNA Counseling Services webpage, someone requesting if counseling can be done via the Web, as some people NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. I am not really out here to make a profit, but I am here to help to the best of my ability, to be in service of those in need. I believe this can make a positive difference in someone’s life and in that case in many people’s lives. If successful Insha’Allah, I plan to run this into a full time business.



Why do I feel I am right for the job?


 
Life coaches like Fatima Omar Khamissa of GodAndEnergy.com and Noha Alshugairi who is a radio show co-host on One Legacy Radio’s Family Connection have encouraged me and invited me to shadow their work, and get personal hands-on training at conferences, after recognizing counseling as one of my talents. It is a solid goal in mind. My personal consultations with these life coaches have allowed me to understand part of my capacity as an individual. I am not out there for a profit, but it is still a goal which I would like to provide myself financial security with, in the long run. I have been told by clients that we need counselors, especially pre-marital counselors to assist with marriage, and family counselors to assist with family issues that cause suffering only because no one would speak. Additionally, I feel that my (psychological) intuitive and analytical skills are sharp and are desirable qualities in assisting others. I was told by one of my clients that I provide the right tools and make great sense, and so my advice was passed along friends of clients and earned admiration for helping the others as well. Plus, I have a business background in terms of studying the subject and working on individual business projects and initiatives, while considering myself very business professional like and business oriented. I network a lot and so I have access to many counselors locally, and at a national level, either requesting counseling services, or provide others with counseling services. I feel I have the correct personality as an outgoing individual to run an office location and find success and happiness not only in the specific work for myself, but out of the satisfaction and well-being of a client. On the other hand, I’ve always wanted to run my own business feel fulfillment in helping others, considering it as a life-long goal. I am great at advising and helping people from what I have been told, I should follow my passion and talent, by one of the life coaches. I have a natural desire or yearning to help those in need, and to be able to help in an Islamic environment, and a halal business. In summary, this mental health field would be considered working in the health industry, something I’ve always wanted to do; mixing business and health care.

Logic


My motto is: Better Muslims for America; improving the lives of Muslims and their Image, providing a better well-being for this life and the hereafter, a selfless goal to look out for the Ummah, at an internal and external level. `The following are some steps and initiatives to take and get this goal started, Insha’Allah:
  1. Gain professional experience from clients through ICNA Family Services and other organizations
  2. Provide (anonymous) counseling services via Skype & Phone (services include: chat, video conferencing, voice conferencing, Email, direct phone conferencing)
  3. Get clients and their testimonials
  4. Market yourself at ISCJ and other mosques
  5. Establish funds via consultations and donations
Why is my service different than the others?

Naseeha.net is catered towards the youth, and I myself would like to focus primarily on the adults, but counseling the youth is a possibility. Giving Guidance, I happen to know one of the founders and am working closely with the individual to establish growth in my own professional development. Living Eman is the most professional looking to me and feels that it can be a great tool in enhancing my growth as well and learn from it.

However, my services would offer quicker response rates, and more accessibility with the usage of tools like Skype, and a direct phone number provided. And remember, everything would be done anonymously within your choice; you don’t have to choose to reveal yourself. A trial run of the service will take place, followed by consultation fees if the trial run is successful for future clients.


I am looking forward to hearing your feedback! Email me at raheel4151@gmail.com or post a comment below !; Testimonials to be furnished upon request! JazakAllahukhairun!

No comments:

Post a Comment